DOT Physical Los Angeles
DOT Physicals in Los Angeles
Since May 2014, physicians have had to complete a rigorous training process and testing to confirm that they are capable of properly examining 18 wheeler truck or a multi passenger bus drivers to determine their physical capabilities.
In the past, many physicians may not have thoroughly examined commercial drivers to determine if they are in good physical condition. They may have not detected some underlying physical condition(s) putting some truck and bus drivers, their cargo, vehicles and their passengers at risk as well as other drivers on the road as well as their and their passengers they may be transporting.
FMCSA Medical Examiners Los Angeles
Our medical examiners will review medications the driver may be taking, medical history, and the overall physical ability to perform the job properly.
Relax, we understand this exam is important to you: dealing with your lively hood is a serious matter, don’t be alarmed, it’s just a physical. You, your employer and the public all can benefit knowing you are physically capable of doing your job. If you can pass you will pass, so don’t get stressed out. This could make your blood pressure higher than it needs to be (we check that too).
This exam could be a wake up call to those truck drivers who may have been depriving their bodies of proper diet and exercise, which we would like to raise awareness of.
3 EASY STEPS to get your CDL medical card
STEP 1 – Fill out a brief health history
STEP 2 – Complete Exam
- Complete your DOT Physical exam with us.
- Review of brief medical history which includes documentation of:
- Name, Date of Birth, Gender
- Current or previous medical conditions
- Current or previous medications
- Past Surgeries
- Smoking and Alcohol history
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure
- Pulse and pulse oxygen
- Hand grip strength
- Vision and Hearing testing
- We examine and evaluate head, eyes, ears, nose, throat, heart, lungs, abdomen, extremities, genitourinary, spine, musculoskeletal, and neurological system.
STEP 3 – Complete Paperwork
- We complete your paperwork. Photo ID required.
- You get a DOT medical card for your CDL to keep with you at all times.
- You get 2 copies of the DOT physical form, one for your CDL, and one for your company. We will also fax the DOT physical form to your company free of charge.
- DOT exam is $50.00. Our payment options: cash, company bank checks or pre-authorized company account.
What to Expect
Your Practitioner will:
- Review your health history
- Perform the Department of Transportation Physical (“DOT”)Exam to get your CDL license
- Perform a urine test to detect hidden health problems, ie. glucose, protein & blood
- Complete the DMV commercial driver fitness report for you
- Provide you with two original commercial driver fitness reports
- Provide you with your own medical card
Department Of Transportation Physical Examination
If you are a Truck or Bus Driver needing to update your license with the department of motor vehicles and can’t find a place to get the required physical, look no further!
G Medical is the place for you!
The Department of Transportation now mandates that all Medical Examiners be certified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). In addition, Commercial Drivers must now have their physicals done by a Certified Medical Examiner to get their CDL license.
502 South La Brea Ave Suite B. Inglewood, CA 90301
DOT Physical Inglewood
G Medical is here for you. We are one of the few locations in the area that offer this specialized services. Our goal for the last few years is to get you back to work with all the certifications and the paper work you need.
Call (323) 899-0171 to schedule your appointment. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, Tuesday and Thursday 9:00am-2:00pm, Saturday by appt only. We will get you in and out! Walk-ins are welcome. We offer after hour physicals for $100.00. We want to help get you back on the road!
What do I Do?
Just call us at (323) 899-0171 and schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome. Knowing your time is precious, we recommend you call us and make an appointment. Bring your drivers license and we will take care of the rest.